Sunday, October 25, 2015

Grails App Deployed To RedHat OpenShift

Hi folks, quick one today... may go into detail in another post but I’m using this one to shamelessly plug an app I just launched.


This Custom Map Application is running on Red Hat OpenShift. I was turned on to this service after searching for an inexpensive TomCat server. OpenShift is Red Hat’s cloud-based Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). They give you three Gears (3 app platforms) including database services, ALL FOR FREE!! Pardon my yelling, I want to scream it from the top of a mountain. If I get big I plan on using the paid service that gives you more bandwidth, storage, usage, oh and support. Like I said maybe I make a quick how-to but think this write-up is adequate for launching a Grails app (start on Step-6).

Brass tax tips / my memory aides:
  • From Terminal: rhc create-app <app name> tomcat-7
  • Terminal: rhc git-clone <app name>
  • Terminal:git rm -rf src/ pom.xml 
  • Terminal: git commit -am "deleted default stuff"
  • GGTS: create ROOT.war (apparently caps is important): war ROOT.war
  • Finder: copy ROOT.war, to the webapps folder of the cloned Git
  • Terminal: from the root of your cloned git (not webapps):  git add .
  • Terminal:  git commit -am "put the war up there"
  • Terminal:  git push

Until next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment